[R] Sink does not send graphs to sink file

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Dec 5 18:20:37 CET 2008

2008/12/5 Philipp Pagel <p.pagel at wzw.tum.de>:
>> I am using sink() to send the results of my analyses to a text
>> file. Unfortunately my graphs do not become part of the file.
>> Is there anyway that I can have both the text and graphic
>> output of my analyses appear in a file?
>
> Well, how would you expect the graphs to be represented in a text
> file? So the short answer is no you can't do that.

Splus used to have (does it still?) an ascii-text based graphics
device. Fine for simple things, I'm not sure how well fancy lattice
graphics would work on it.

 If someone has a few hours to waste, they might be able to build
something similar for R using aalib:

 http://aa-project.sourceforge.net/aalib/

Barry