[R] Problems with large data frames?

Chris Poliquin poliquin at sas.upenn.edu
Sat Dec 13 08:22:41 CET 2008

Hi,

I recently added another 1,000 observations to a data frame I have for
a total of 10,861 observations.  Observations are by row and the frame
has 15 columns.  R now keeps converting certain columns to factors
whenever I run regressions and can't seem to figure out the correct
scaling for the axes of plots on its own.

Are these problems the result of the size of my data frame or
something else?  I can't see anything wrong with the data itself.  Any
ideas what might be causing these recent problems and any way to force
R not to convert variables to factors?

- Chris