[R] Reading from Google Docs

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Tue Dec 16 01:28:12 CET 2008

Farrel Buchinsky wrote:
> Great. I have previously installed 7zip.
> It worked well. I installed the files. See below (way below).
>
> When I  entered >library(RGoogleDocs)
> it did not run.
> So I just ran auth.R
> Then I was able to run
> auth <-getGoogleAuth("fjbuch at gmail.com","mypassword")
> con = getConnection(auth)
> con$getDocs()
> all worked until this point when I got
> Error in con$getDocs : $ operator not defined for this S4 class
>> str(con)
> Formal class 'GoogleDocsConnection' [package ""] with 0 slots
>  list()

If you use

   getDocs(con)

it should work, assuming auth and con are appropriate.

Where did you see that

    con$getDocs()

should work?
In the documentation file run.xml, there is the line

"
In the future, we might provide an interface that avoids this such

as

  con$getDocs()
"

So, as it says, it is in the future.