[R] I need course in R

Simon Pickett simon.pickett at bto.org
Fri Dec 19 11:50:46 CET 2008

R is not as daunting as it first seems and you might get by without having
to get formal training.

Speaking as someone who taught themselves to use R for statistics, graphics
and data manipulation, I found that the "Introduction to R" book (the small
yellow one) and the numerous pdfs available online are fantastic and walk
you through the very basics (the one by Emanuel Paradis is excellent).

So, as long as you can read and understand English there are alot of free
resources out there (maybe there are some of these already translated to
other languages, I dont know).

It is a steep learning curve, but once you get to grips with the basics,
I've found that I can find out everything else I need to know by searching
these archives...

Hope this helps,

Simon Pickett.