[R] passing username and password to source()

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Wed Feb 13 02:53:50 CET 2008

Peter McMahan wrote:
> try something like this:
>     username <- "abc"
>     pass <- "123"
>
> source(paste("http://",username,":",pass,"@mire.environmentalchange.net/~webmaster/R/3Dsurface.r",sep=""))
>
> I'm not sure it'll work but it's worth a try.

Thanks, Peter. It didn't work. I am guessing it depends in any way on
the server this will work or won't work, doesn't it? Have you tried an
http URL passing username and password with any public server I could
try with? I've used this syntax with ftp sites, but never with http
servers. I've tried here with several of the servers I've available and
none of them seems to accept this syntax.

Thanks for your help,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez