[R] Simple Newbie Question

MassimoH MassimoHeitor at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 22:51:46 CET 2008

How do I plot data like this:

Date,Series,Value
1/5/2007,Blue,300
1/20/2007,Blue,400
1/9/2007,Red,200
1/15/2007,Red,500

Two things I'm having trouble figuring out from online help & tutorials:

1) How does R handle dates? It seems there is no built-in support for dates,
but some standard add-ons provide date functionality? I can also convert my
dates to number of days, however I'd like my plots to show date values on
the x-axis.
2) How do plots support multiple "series" of data? Using R terms, the Series
is a "factor" type. I want each series to be plotted with a different color.