[R] help with bivariate density plot question

Daniela Carollo carollo at exchange.pa.msu.edu
Wed Jul 16 21:09:08 CEST 2008

Hi Spencer,

I have seen your name on the web site, and perhaps you can
help me with my R problem.

I'm trying to use KernSur to put in evidence a substructure in a
bidimensional plot. My problem is that, in order to get the density
in the low density areas (in which the substructure is located) I should
use different bandwidths. How I can do that?

Also, I think that the best choice for my case is to use the function
"akerdmul" which perform the multivariate adaptive kernel density
distribution. Are you familiar with this function?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Daniela