[R] help with bivariate density plot question

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 11:22:42 CEST 2008

Hi Daniela,

Spencer (? Graves) is not at home. Seriously, this is a list that many
people read and use. If you wish to elicit a response, then you would be
wise to give a better statement of what your difficulty is.

The function you enquire about is well documented with an example, see

##
library(GenKern)   ## load the package
?KernSur              ## get help on the function

You don't need to do anything special to get adaptive bandwidths, it's all
done for you (by the authors of the package). Just replace the x and y
values in the example with your values, and perhaps deal with any NAs in
your data set.

Should one moralize?: Well, it is generally true that you want help from
others...

HTH, Mark.