[R] asp and ylim

David Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Jul 21 10:42:35 CEST 2008

Maybe what I am missing is how to set the "device region" mentioned
in Brian's email. I have tried various searches, but I haven't had
any luck in finding a reference to "device region". However, I'm not
sure that changing the device region will help if one stays with plot
(), because the default seems to be that the physical plot region is
approximately square, and I haven't found a way to control the size
of the physical plot region. The help files for eqscplot() and xyplot
() indicate that they are meant for scatter plots. But lots of plots
are not scatter plots. I was only using a scatter plot because Rolf's
code did so, and he thought I could do what I wanted inside plot(),
which I can't at the moment.

Perhaps the best solution is to live with plot() as it is. If I need
the picture for a paper, I will export data to Matlab or Mathematica
or Illustrator, where I can get the control I want.

Thanks for all your help.
David