[R] Error in installing packages

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 17:03:59 CEST 2008

If the warning bothers you then look at:

.libPaths()

and if you want to install to the second library, say, then do:

install.packages("some.package", lib = .libPaths()[2])

Regarding your Ubuntu problem, another possibility is to try
AndLinux which is a coLinux-based Ubuntu system that sits right on top
of Windows
and presumably makes use of the Windows drivers, which if correct
would avoid that
problem.  I tried it a 1.5 years ago and initially thought it was
working ok but after a while
found it too flaky and junked it; however, by now it may be usable.