[R] Eliminating "[...]" from print

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk
Sun Jun 1 19:53:03 CEST 2008

Hi Folks,
This must be easy but I've not managed to locate the solution!

Basically: I'm using sink() to save successively obtained
results, e.g. I construct a set of regression coefficients
etc. with names rows and columne (I want to see the names
in the output) as an object (say "Object"), and then I
emit it with

  print(Object)

So far so good. But I also want to print a little header
and separator prior to each such print(Object) which would
identify it and explain what's going on. BUT: I can't get
rid of the "[1]" which comes out each time I print a
character string. Getting rid of the quotes is easy: just
use "quote=FALSE". For example:

gives

But how do I get rid of that "[1]"??

With thanks,