[R] How to plot a matrix

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 21:41:05 CEST 2008

ss <affysnp at gmail.com> wrote in
news:5032046e0806011041q3136c9dcrafeeeabea55bcbb6 at mail.gmail.com:

> Hi list,
>
> If I have a matrix,
>
>> a<-read.table("a.txt",header=TRUE,row.names=1)
>> dim(a)
> [1] 4 3
>    x y z
> a1 1 6 3
> a2 2 6 3
> a3 2 3 8
> a4 5 3 4
>>

> Can you suggest how to produce a plot like the one attached here?
> Basically, I want to plot each sample (each column) using the dots
> one by one and also have the average value of each column indicated?

Allen;

If you want people to see an image file, you could instead put it in a
web-accessible location and send an URL. Attachments are generally
scrubbed by the list software.

While you are at it, please read the posting guide which says (in part):

"No binary attachments except for PS, PDF, and some image and archive
formats (others are automatically stripped off because they can contain
malicious software). Files in other formats and larger ones should rather
be put on the web and have only their URLs posted. This way a reader has
the option to download them or not."

--
David Winsemius