[R] favorite useful tools?

Abhijit Dasgupta adasgupt at mail.jci.tju.edu
Sat Jun 7 17:21:09 CEST 2008

The two sets of packages I use a lot for their utility functions and for
making my day-to-day analysis and reporting easier are Hmisc and Design
by Frank Harrell and {gdata,gmodels,gplots} by Greg Warnes. Frank's
packages have good documentation and cover a pretty good range of
regression methods as well as a refined set of report-writing tools (see
http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/twiki/bin/view/Main/RS for more). These
aren't "obscure" or "small" tools, but very useful and "cool" tools I
use regularly.

Greg and Frank can thank me later for the free plug :-D :-D

Abhijit