[R] favorite useful tools?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 17:36:11 CEST 2008

Which packages you need is crucially dependent on what you want
to do.  There is not likely a general answer.  Googling for CRAN Task Views
should get you to package views which list packages applicable to
different areas.

Prior to installing any R packages yourself

library()

will list the recommended packages which are the ones that ship with
R itself.