[R] Comparing two groups of proportions

Ivan Adzhubey iadzhubey at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 10 08:08:51 CEST 2008

Hi Rolf,

On Monday 09 June 2008 11:16:57 pm Rolf Turner wrote:
> Your approach tacitly assumes --- as did the poster's question --- that
> the probability of passing an item by one method is *independent* of
> whether it is passed by the other method.  Which makes the methods
> effectively independent of the nature of the item being assessed!

So it seems I can't just block my primary factor (QA procedure) by nuisance
one (production line) and run Cochran test to see if effects of primary
factor are identical for both its levels.

> Not much actual quality being assured there!

In fact, I am not interested in quality of QA procedures as much as in how
different the results are (error component).

Thanks,
Ivan