[R] ADaCGH package crashes at mpiInit()

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 12:03:06 CEST 2008

Dear Daren,

First, please note that since this problem concerns a particular
package, you are supposed to contact the package maintainer (me)
directly. (See the R-FAQ, 9.2).

Anyway, I've never seen that error message before. But I think it
indicates a problem with your MPI setup, nothing related to R (and,
thus, neither ADaCGH nor Rmpi). A few things to try:

1. When ADaCGH fails, could you do a "traceback()" to see where
exactly is failing?

2. (in a newly started R session) please try something like the following:

library(Rmpi)
mpi.universe.size()
mpi.spawn.Rslaves()
mpi.remote.exec(rnorm(2))

And lets see how far the example gets.

3. How is MPI started? Is it LAM-MPI or OpenMPI?

Best,

R.