[R] package under unix

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 16 08:40:00 CEST 2008

If you want a new device opened you can call dev.new() In current R.

X11() does have xpos and ypos, *but* there is no guarantee that any value
you choose will not be the same as the default.  Indeed, with
windows(5,5,xpos=0) you will put your second window on top of the first
one in my setup.

I entirely agree with Patrick, and would add 'why do you think a 5" square
window is appropriate on both 8" and 30" monitors?'.  Please curb your
enthusiasm to make decisions for your package users.