[R] Error message: Bad value

Toby Gass Toby.Gass at ColoState.Edu
Tue Jun 24 21:12:27 CEST 2008

Dear R help,

In the middle of my session, I started receiving the error
message "bad value"
regardless of what I entered.  I had to close R and restart
it.  When the error
occurred, I was creating basic lattice plots, with no other
add-on packages running.
I am running R through John Fox's XEmacs interface, XEmacs
version
21.4.20 on a Windows XP Pro machine with 2 GB of RAM.  I
have had
no other problems.  I've found 2 similar reports in the
R-help
archive,
neither of which was resolved; one of the earlier posters
was running Linux.

platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch i386
os mingw32
system i386, mingw32
status
major 2
minor 6.2
year 2008
month 02
day 08
svn rev 44383
language R
version.string R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)

Previous reports are found here:
http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e4/help/08/01/0686.html
http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e2/help/07/06/19095.html

I do not need a response, unless there is a preventative
measure,
but thought I would bring this to your attention.

Thank you,

Toby

Toby Gass
Graduate Degree Program in Ecology
Department of Forest, Rangeland, and Watershed Stewardship
Warner College of Natural Resources
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO  80523