[R] Graphic text

Maura E Monville maura.monville at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 19:53:35 CET 2008

I tried to install "ade4TKGUI" but it failed maybe because I did not
install Tcl/Tk on my Linux/SuSE ???

* Installing *source* package 'ade4TkGUI' ...
** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading

Attaching package: 'ade4'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

         within

Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
  Tcl/Tk support is not available on this system
Error: package 'tcltk' could not be loaded
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'ade4TkGUI'
** Removing '/home/mauede/R/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-library/2.6/ade4TkGUI'

I am not sure this package will provide the features I need.

I am just looking for the possibility to pop up a message box from an
R program.
Basically I would like to display some calculation results and some
statistic summary in numerical format. No plot.
The textual contents should be fed to the pop-up window from the R program.

Thank you so much,
Maura