[R] Graphic text

Roland Rau roland.rproject at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 22:29:39 CET 2008

Hi Maura,

Maura E Monville wrote:
> I tried to install "ade4TKGUI" but it failed maybe because I did not
> install Tcl/Tk on my Linux/SuSE ???
>
> * Installing *source* package 'ade4TkGUI' ...
> ** R
> ** inst
> ** preparing package for lazy loading
>
> Attaching package: 'ade4'
>

>         The following object(s) are masked from package:base :
>
>          within

> Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
>   Tcl/Tk support is not available on this system
> Error: package 'tcltk' could not be loaded

I recently had a similar problem on my computer. I don't know whether
you installed R from source code yourself or used some pre-compiled
package for SuSE. One potential reason for your error might be that
tcltk has not been installed.
Please check Section A.2.1 of the R Installation and Administration
Manual. It helped me in this case (add configuration options, e.g.
--with-tcltk).

I hope this helps,
Roland