[R] R-Logo in \LaTeX

Jean lobry lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Fri Mar 7 18:09:35 CET 2008

Gabor,

>  this is nice, but
>  1) the logo is a bitmap, it is ugly if you resize it

Sure, it's a bitmap, but the naked eye resolution is only
100 $\mu$m so that a vectorized solution is overkilling
in most common situations IMHO. I have to zoom by a factor
1200% to see some pixellization problems on my screen,
but my eyes are admitedly getting older and older, one more
instance of fortune(75) issue I guess :-(

>  2) you don't need a pdf version for pdflatex, it
>  handles jpg (and maybe also png as well), so you can
>  just use the logos at the R developer site.

Not so sure, I had to convert it a long time ago into a PDF
format for a reason I don't remember. I'm sharing my *.rnw
on a CVS with colleages working under Linux, Unix, Mac and
Windows, so the reason could be that there was a problem
in a given platform. The PDF choice is defensive in the sense
that we are Sweaving with \SweaveOpts{pdf = T, eps = F},
so that including PDF is a pre-condition.

>It would be really nice to have a non-bitmap version, though.
>If it exists.

There was a not so-old thread about this on R-devel:
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/R-devel/archive/19448.html

Best,

Jean
--
Jean R. Lobry            (lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr)
Laboratoire BBE-CNRS-UMR-5558, Univ. C. Bernard - LYON I,