[R] Tinn-R related problem

David Hewitt dhewitt37 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 17:10:34 CET 2008

> A few weeks ago all of a sudden the backspace, enter and direction keys
> were not working. I updated Tinn-R to the newest version but still no
> sollution. After this I tried reinstalling it (prior to that I removed
> Tinn-R and deleted all the "leftovers" manually) and still no change. In
> every other execution (e.g. when I save a file) every key works fine.

I've used Tinn-R with R on Win XP ever since I started with R, and I've
never had this problem. The only immediate thing that comes to mind is that
you should be installing R in SDI mode to get it working with Tinn-R. At
least that's what they say, and I've never tried it the other way (MDI).
Maybe just uninstall R and Tinn-R, then reload R, use Custom installation
and pick SDI, then reinstall Tinn-R. Worth a shot.

> From what I have read in the other forums I believe this issue is not
> necessarily R or Tinn-R related but might be some hidden Windows settings
> (I'm using XP) but of this I'm not sure.

If that's the case, I can't help. What occurred "a few weeks ago" that might
have been related? Did you upgrade R?

-----
David Hewitt
Virginia Institute of Marine Science