[R] randomForest get tree

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Tue Mar 11 19:38:10 CET 2008

Graphing:  Not really.  You might do somw work and get Rgraphviz to
produce the tree, but I'm not sure how useful that is.

Interpretation:  You can read the tree just like any other decision
trees.  However, remember that the splits are chosen with some
randomness, so I'm not sure how much trust I would place on any
particular tree.  Breiman did not design random forests so that the
trees can be interpreted the usual way.

Andy

From: helen.mills at yale.edu