[R] Warned about these "three little maids"...

Brian Lunergan ff809 at ncf.ca
Thu Mar 13 22:13:19 CET 2008

Greetings all:

Newcomer to R as I work on learning it to transfer my college classroom
stats training to something more useful and accurate then that spreadsheet
from Redmond which shall remain nameless.

I'm running v2.6.2 on a Win XP Home system that I keep up to date with all
the called for patches. Haven't added much to the basic install other than
the bits and bobs needed to run the R Commander package and its plugins. I
did, however, use the ctv library to add the Graphics view.

When I reached the end of the install (a somewhat drawn out exercise as I
haven't jumped into a high speed hookup yet) R warned me that gtkDevice,
RGrace, and xgobi were not available. I use the Ontario, Canada mirror and
they are indeed not listed among the install choices. A quick search on the
names and I get the impression these three are not available for the
Windows platform. Correct perception or no? Do I need them for a windows
setup? Where would I find them if they are needed?

Any help or advice much appreciated...

--

Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario