[R] Latentnet Data Import

Ben Morley me at benmorley.com
Wed Mar 26 12:15:31 CET 2008

Hello everone,

I am a computer science researcher in the UK - and have a quick question regarding importing data into R and more specifically latentnet.

I am trying to import data such as a text file containing: (This is based on the Sampson data set)

-----------

Network attributes:
   vertices = 3
   directed = TRUE
    hyper = FALSE
   loops = FALSE
   multiple = FALSE
    total edges= 3

 Vertex attribute names:
    group vertex.names

 edgelist matrix:
      [,1] [,2]
 [1,]     3    1
 [2,]    2    1
 [3, ]    3    2

What command should I use to import this data? I have attempted many such as "read.delim" and "read.table" - but either an error message is returned, or the strings in the data (such as edges=3) appear to become objects that are analysed by the latentnet functions such as 'ergmm'.

I look forward to your replys,

Many thanks

Ben