[R] Latentnet Data Import

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 16:37:37 CET 2008

It all depends.  If your looks like your sample, then you will
probably want to read the data with 'readLine' and bring in the entire
line without trying to parse it.  You would then go through the data
with 'grep' to find the lines of interest and then you can use
'strsplit' or regular expressions to parse the line to get the data.
There is probably no "automatic" way of doing it.

You might also consider PERL to preprocess the data and put it into a
format that is more acceptable to R.  But most of it can probably be
done within R if the structure of your input is reasonable.