[R] tests Rin Rout

Christophe Genolini cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Sun Mar 30 20:54:05 CEST 2008

> See the paragraph in Writing R Extensions which explains this
Well, I saw it again and again (before asking on the r-help) but I do
not understand. Same for the Kurt Hornik slides on the web.

> Create tests/myPack.R with those lines in it plus lines to actually
> run the code.
Does it mean that each time I change the code, I will have to change it
twice, once in R/ and once in tests/
>   If the code generates errors, your test will fail.  If you want to
> see reports of changes to the output, also include
> tests/myPack.Rout.save with the known correct versions of the output.

What should the Rout.save looks like ? I mean, what is the syntax of
this file ?

Christophe