[R] R-packages installation problems

Roberto Cremonini r.cremonini at arpa.piemonte.it
Mon Mar 31 09:57:25 CEST 2008

Dear,

I've installed the following R version on HP compaq 6710 b under Fedora 8:

 > version
_
platform i386-redhat-linux-gnu
arch i386
os linux-gnu
system i386, linux-gnu
status
major 2
minor 6.2
year 2008
month 02
day 08
svn rev 44383
language R
version.string R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)

When I try to install some R packages I receive the following message:
[root at localhost R-packages]# R CMD INSTALL gtools_2.4.0.tar.gz
* Installing to library '/usr/lib/R/library'
* Installing *source* package 'gtools' ...
** libs
gcc -m32 -std=gnu99 -I/usr/include/R -I/usr/include/R
-I/usr/local/include -fpic -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
-fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32
-march=i386 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -c
setTCPNoDelay.c -o setTCPNoDelay.o
setTCPNoDelay.c:1:15: error: R.h: No such file or directory
setTCPNoDelay.c:2:24: error: Rinternals.h: No such file or directory
setTCPNoDelay.c: In function ‘checkStatus’:
setTCPNoDelay.c:66: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘strncpy’
setTCPNoDelay.c:66: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
built-in function ‘strncpy’
setTCPNoDelay.c:72: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘strerror’
setTCPNoDelay.c:72: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘strncpy’ makes
pointer from integer without a cast
make: *** [setTCPNoDelay.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'gtools'
** Removing '/usr/lib/R/library/gtools'

Indeed R headers (R.h and Rinternals.h) don' t exist on my filesystem.
Where can I find them? How can I install them?

Thanks for help,

Best regards, Roberto

--
ARPA Piemonte
SC05 - Area Previsione e Monitoraggio Ambientale

Riservatezza/Confidentiality

In ottemperanza al D.Lgs. n. 196 del 30.06.2003 in materia di protezione dei dati personali, le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono strettamente riservate ed esclusivamente indirizzate al destinatario indicato (oppure alla persona responsabile di rimetterlo al destinatario).
Vogliate tener presente che qualsiasi uso, riproduzione o divulgazione di questo messaggio è vietato. Nel caso in cui aveste ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, vogliate cortesemente avvertire il mittente e distruggere il presente messaggio.

According to Italian law D.Lgs. 196/2003 concerning privacy, if you are not the addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person) you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please destroy it and notify us by email.