[R] R-packages installation problems

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 31 10:58:55 CEST 2008

How did you install R?  If from the F8 RPMs, it looks like you missed the
R-devel RPM (which was always recommended to install packages, and has
become necessary in the F8 RPM for 2.6.2).

Note that Fedora are responsible for making clear what you need to install
from their re-packaged distributions (the R developers do not recommend
splitting up R), so if this was not clear to you, please file a Fedora bug
report.

See also https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2008-March/158262.html