[R] help with updating to R2.7

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Thu May 8 21:02:48 CEST 2008

When I upgrade in Windows from say 2.6.2 tp 2.7.0 I do the following

1. Install 2.7.0 in a new directory

2 Rename the library subdirectory in the new version from library to library2

3 Copy the library subdirectory in 2.6.2 to 2.7.0

4 Copy the contents of library2 to the transferred library.  This
re-installs the updated base packages.

5 Within R run update.packages(checkBuilt = TRUE) and you will be
presented with a list of packages and be given the option of updating
each package.

This procedure is easy to implement.  I have used it for several
updates and it has always worked well

Best Regards

John.