[R] [OT] xemacs on windows vista

Esmail Bonakdarian esmail.js at gmail.com
Mon May 12 22:53:39 CEST 2008

Wensui Liu wrote:
> Hi, dear all,
> I just switch to vista (ultimate) and have heard there is some problem
> for the installation of xemacs on vista. Is there any insight or
> experience that you could share? I really appreciate any input.
> thank you so much!

Hi,

I don't know about XEmacs, but I am using a specially bundled
version of GNU Emacs by Vincet Goulet which is great. I was
using a plain-vanilla version of GNU Emacs before, but this one
has ESS  and spell check support built in :-)

I am using it under XP .. I believe this also works under Vista

Check out:

    http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/en/ressources/emacs/

HTH,

Esmail