[R] [OT] xemacs on windows vista

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Tue May 13 02:32:05 CEST 2008

Just in case you think Vincent is pushing his distribution as opposed to
some other approach, let me endorse his suggestion as someone who has
recently made the change to GNU Emacs.

Vincent's distribution is truly very nice. I have installed it on Vista
without any problems and for anyone who uses TeX and R it is an excellent
option.

I haven't checked John Fox's advice concerning XEmacs lately but in the
past it has been the best source of information about XEmacs and R if you
do still want to stick with XEmacs.

David Scott