[R] Startin R from .RData in linux

Marianne Promberger mpromber at psych.upenn.edu
Mon May 19 12:04:01 CEST 2008

On 05/19/08 09:06, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to start R by clicking
> the .RData file in linux as in Windows?
> I've tried with ubuntu hardy using
> the right button and selecting R, but does
> not work. Is there any way to set it up?

You presumably need to associate the file type .RData with starting a
terminal and then executing R in that terminal.

I'm using Xubuntu, so my file manager is Thunar, and if I right click
on an .RData and select "use other application" then "custom command",
then put in

xfterm4 -e R

this works.

On Ubuntu, your terminal is probably something else and may have
different syntax.  (gnome-terminal maybe? then man gnome-terminal in
case the -e option doesn't work for you).

m.

--
Marianne Promberger
Graduate student in Psychology