[R] 3D Area Diagram

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Thu May 22 23:03:24 CEST 2008

AlGates <alex <at> algates.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> maybe someone can help me. I am looking for a possibility to plot a 3D area
> diagram like in Excel:
> http://www.microsoft.com/germany/mac/excel/images/chartbefore.jpg Watch
> this!

  This would be theoretically possible, although not that easy, with
the rgl package.  But ... this goes in the category of "do you
*really* want to do this?" The graph you show may be aesthetically
pleasing, but both the perspective and the obscuring of the rearmost
data categories make it much harder to see what's going on.
If you really want to do this, I would export the data from R
as a csv file and use Excel ... (easier than getting rgl to do it)

  Ben Bolker