[R] Plotting a cubic line from a multiple regression

Stephan Kolassa Stephan.Kolassa at gmx.de
Thu May 29 21:52:48 CEST 2008

Hi Ashish,

I am rather more concerned about whether what you outlined is legitimate
(your question 1 below). If you are looking at children, higher AGE will
be associated with higher TIV, so both variables would essentially
measure the same thing (see Miller & Chapman, Misunderstanding Analysis
of Covariance), which I really would not like to see.

Of course, if you are looking at adults, this will probably not apply.

Best wishes,
Stephan

Ashish Ranpura schrieb:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm attempting to plot a cubic relationship between two variables
> controlling for the effects of a third variable. In this short example,
> I'm trying to use AGE to predict CORTEX while controlling for the
> effects of TIV (total intracranial volume):

(snip)