[R] R course in Scotland

Richard Cotton Richard.Cotton at hsl.gov.uk
Fri Nov 21 16:29:51 CET 2008

pzs wrote:

> Several people have suggested that I just pick up R and give it a try.
> My reluctance to do this is that I am already very familiar with my
> current working method (Python + Numpy) and I worry that without a
> course I will work in a Python-centric way, which won't be optimal.

I know this isn't what you asked, but as a sidenote, if you are used to
working with Python and Numpy, then have you considered Sage (
http://sagemath.org/ http://sagemath.org/ )?  It's a Python environment that
you can run R commands from (amongst other things).  That way you can keep
your current working style but let R do the hard stats for you.

-----
Regards,
Richie.

Mathematical Sciences Unit