[R] Statistical question: one-sample binomial test for clustered data

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Tue Nov 25 21:58:25 CET 2008

The bootstrap that Greg Snow suggested is probably the best approach, but
it is possible to estimate the variance of the proportion.

The total T number of yes reponses is the sum of twenty totals for blocks,
and these are independent, so the variance of Y is 20 times the variance
of these twenty numbers.

The variance of the proportion is the variance of Y divided by 100^2

 	-thomas