[R] Quantile Regression for Longitudinal Data. Warning message: In rq.fit.sfn

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 1 00:53:30 CEST 2008

This is a little esoteric for R-help.  As the posting guide says, you
should
write the package maintainer with this sort of question.  Without the
data
it is difficult to judge what is happening, a couple of possibilities
are:

	o  all is well and warning just conveys an exaggerated sense of
		skepticism about one or more of the Cholesky steps,

	o  or, if the coefs really look like nonsense, you have a near
singularity
		in the design, if so you can try to look in more detail at the dense
		form of design and try to see what the problem is, provided of
		course that it is small enough to look at with the usual tools, svd,
etc.

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    rkoenker at uiuc.edu            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820