[R] conditional loop

PDXRugger J_R_36 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 00:56:55 CEST 2008

I am looking up a number based upon a randomly selected number and then
proceed to the rest of my code if the corresponding value is greater than or
equal to yet another value.

so if

Dev_Size = 14

and my randomly selected number is 102

and i am looking up 102 in the following table

100  21
101  4
102  9
103  52
104  29

So i select the the corresponding value of 102, which is 9 and determine if
it is greater than or equal to Dev_Size and if it is i would proceed, if not
i would like my random number generator to select another number until
complies with the requirement.  I have tried below but my while loop doesnt
do what i would like.  I cant seem to find a good resource for my problem,
any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
JR

#Loads TAZ and corresponding vacant acres data
TAZ_VAC_ACRES=
read.csv(file="C:/LUSDR/Workspace/BizLandPrice/data/TAZ_VAC_ACRES.csv",header=TRUE);

#Test Location Choice Model selected TAZ

while(TAZDetermine <= Dev_Size){

#Randomly generates test TAZ from 100 to 844
RndTAZ=sample(100:844,1,replace=T)

#Renames randomly generated TAZ's object
Loc_Mod_TAZ = RndTAZ

#Create test Development
Dev_Size=50

#Determines vacant acres by TAZ
TAZDetermine=TAZ_VAC_ACRES[TAZ_VAC_ACRES$TAZ==Loc_Mod_TAZ,2]

#Displays number of vacant acres in Location Choice Model selected TAZ
TAZDetermine

}