[R] formal argument "axes" matched by multiple actual arguments

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 12:57:18 CEST 2008

I don't know where you got the idea that 'axes' was a valid argument.
>From ?plot.Sample

      ...: further graphical parameters.

and 'axes' is *not* a graphical parameter.  (It also suggests you call
plot, not plot.Sample.)

'xaxt' and 'yaxt' are graphics parameters which control whether axes are
plotted, but this will not help in this case since plot.Sample calls
axis() directly.  You need to take a copy of the function and modify it to
suit your needs (and perhaps contribute your improvements back to the
maintainer?).