[R] Gower distance between a individual and a population

cgenolin at u-paris10.fr cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Mon Oct 13 16:28:37 CEST 2008

> If you used daisy, is there a problem with converting the resulting
> object to a full dissimilarity matrix and extracting the relevant
> row/column you need for the target site?

Well, the lost of efficiantcy is huge. I need to compute the distance
several time on data base that count 1000 or even 10 000 subjects. 10
000^2 cost a lot in term of time, whereas 10 000 does not.

A solution would be to re-write DAISY and adapt it. But since I do not
know fortran, I prefers first to ask if someone already did it...

Christophe