[R] Fw: Logistic regresion - Interpreting (SENS) and (SPEC)

Pedro.Rodriguez at sungard.com Pedro.Rodriguez at sungard.com
Mon Oct 13 16:49:35 CEST 2008

Hi Maithili,

There are two good papers that illustrate how to compare classifiers
using Sensitivity and Specificity and their extensions (e.g., likelihood
ratios, young index, KL distance, etc).

See:
1) Biggerstaff, Brad, 2000, "Comparing diagnostic tests: a simple
graphic using likelihood ratios," Statistics in Medicine, 19:649-663.

2) Lee, Wen-Chung, 1999, "Selecting diagnostic tests for ruling out or
ruling in disease: the use of the Kllback-Leibler distance,"
International Epidemiological Association, 28:521-525.

Please let me know if have problems finding the aforementioned papers.

Kind Regards,

Pedro