[R] Question about transposing tables / matrixes in R

Vie wxv579 at bham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 14 11:45:37 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have a huge table, approximatly 16,000 x 12,000, full of various integers.
Its a tab delimited file approx 400mb in size. R takes ages to read it in
(read.delim), and store it as a variable. My aim is to transpose the table,
however I am hesistate to do it incase it crashes my local server, since
reading it in took so much memory. Does anybody know a way of tranposing a
table of this size in R without it requiring too much memory?

Thanks in advance

Vie