[R] IAA test on my multinomial logit

Erika Known e at it.dk
Tue Oct 14 18:43:38 CEST 2008

Hi all

I'm trying to immigrate from Stata and I want to preform a IIA test
(Independence of Irrelevant Alternatives) on my multinomial logit model
in R, but I can't seem to find a package that dos the trick. I've been
looking at
http://bm2.genes.nig.ac.jp/RGM2/R_current/library/systemfit/man/hausman.systemfit.html
but I can't figure out what to do! I normally just type 'mlogtest,
hausman base' to get the test in Stata. I can even use 'mlogtest,
smhsiao base' to get the Small-Hsiao tests of IIA assumption.

according to the literature there is also other tests.. thou I cant seem
to find any off them in R.

Thank for the help.

Erika