[R] can't R CMD INSTALL on WinXP

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Oct 14 21:42:04 CEST 2008

On 10/14/2008 3:04 PM, Liaw, Andy wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I recently got a laptop upgrade, and had to re-install the tools I used
> for building R packages on Windows (XP SP2).  I'm running into a strange
> problem that I can't resolve.  Can anyone shed on light?  This is with
> R-2.7.2 patched 2008-09-20 r46576, Rtools.zip downloaded a couple of
> weeks ago

I haven't updated Rtools.zip in a long time.  You should use the Rtools
installer nowadays.  (Where did you get Rtools.zip from?  Do we still
have documents pointing there?)  It may be that Rools.zip contains some
obsolete tools.

Duncan Murdoch

, and MikTeX 2.7.  The output below was from a cygwin shell