[R] XML_1.98-0 fails to build on Debian Lenny with gcc 4.3.2 and R-beta 2.8.0

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Oct 14 21:45:44 CEST 2008

Dr Kimpel,

Please remind me where we promised to deliver all these services to
you -- for free, no less -- leading you have such claims on perceived
'service guarantees', at whichever imagined timeliness or whichever
imagines set pf packages.

Had you bothered to check at e.g.

    http://changelog.debian.net/r-cran-xml

you would have noticed that we generally _do_ provide fresh packages
within 24 hours of their upstream releases.

If you continue to ignore these packages, and at the same time
continue to waste everybody's time with request for _elementary help_
covered in the manuals as well as numerous times on the lists, well
then you will have to accept that we may, at some point, just ignore you.

Lastly, I _am_ in fact (as part of the Google Summer of Code
mentoring, also unpaid) working on a system to autobuild all of CRAN
into deb packages.  Helping hands would be welcome, but I will not ask
you to join as I don't have the time and patience to explain every
single possible error message to you.

Enjoy all the gifts we keep giving you.

Dirk