[R] License Question

David Smith david at revolution-computing.com
Mon Oct 27 19:16:56 CET 2008

As others have pointed out, you can download and use R for commercial
purposes for free.  This is allowed under the terms of the GPL under
which R is licensed.

If your company requires software to be professionally supported, you
might want to consider purchasing a version of R that includes a
support subscription. (The GPL doesn't preclude companies charging for
open-source software.)  REvolution Computing (whom I work for) offers
a version of R called RPro that includes support and additional
documentation, and the binary is optimized with high-performance math
libraries. You can find information about it at the link in my
signature.

# David Smith
--
David Smith <david at revolution-computing.com>