[R] How to load functions in R

Adaikalavan Ramasamy a.ramasamy at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Sep 11 16:34:19 CEST 2008

I would recommend saving the functions into a separate file and then
using source() as bartjoosen suggested.

I do not recommend using save() here because the output is non-readable
(even when using ascii=TRUE option). Which means that you have to load()
it, then copy-and-paste into an editor before making changes and then
running it again in R and then save() again.

Another better option is to consider making your own package. It may
sound complicated but once you mastered it, it makes your functions more
portable and encourages you to document it. Further, the function
package.skeleton() simplifies much of it.

Regards, Adai