[R] Tinn-R Install (Nevermind-Solution Found)

Keith Jewell k.jewell at campden.co.uk
Mon Sep 15 18:38:02 CEST 2008

Thanks Patrick,

I just posted my contribution to
http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5276403 . I've addressed the
user specific set-up in Rprofile.site so the setup is a bit easier (at least
it works on my systems) but I don't pretend to be expert, so I'm sure this
can be improved.

I don't use R much for graphics, and the "> source(.trPaths[x]...)" doesn't
bother me, so I probably won't address those - it seems as if Tinn-R
communicates with R by writing to one of the files in .trPaths and telling R
to source that file.

At the moment the new version of Tinn-R is a little less productive for me
than the previous version, but the previous version took a little dedication
to learn so I'm minded to stick at it. I quite like Tinn-R but the
documentation is quite sparse - this version seems to have lots of
configuration options with minimal explanation. I guess that's a "feature"
of public domain software (except R!) which should be remedied by users,
hence I spent the time to post my little bit; if everyone posts their
learnings (at http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=481901 ?) it
may build up to some kind of reference?

Best regards,

Keith J

news:9A6509A94A33124187515A9901DC551F0952062A5F at VAIEXCH05.vai.org...