[R] data$ID -> I always get a NULL

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Apr 20 03:44:16 CEST 2009

On Apr 19, 2009, at 6:45 PM, Grześ wrote:

> I have database write as .csv file.

The external sorage format is not likely to be relevant. What might be
informative would be to produce the code that reads this file.

> When I want to get sth from my database I get NULL, but I know that
> there is
> sth!
> For example:
>
>> data$ID
> NULL
>> data$kod
> NULL
>
> but command like below is always recognize by R
>> data[2,3]
> [1] '082'

Tell is what happens when you enter:

str(data)
class(data)

Perhaps the third column is not named "ID" or "kod" or the object is
not a data.frame, but is rather a matrix.

--
David Winsemius